My mom once told me that she decided to spell my name with a 'y' to make me seem more unique. I used to hate it as a kid because I could never get those personalized license plates for the back of your bike. Now I kind of like it because Alyson Hannigan spells her name the same way and any association with an actress from Buffy the Vampire Slayer is pretty cool.
So a bit about me...
- Before coming to Brandcenter, I was studying to become a Professor of Women's Studies. I loved learning about how people think, which proved to be a natural segue into branding/strategy.
- I make weird photoshopped images for friends as gifts. This one is my favorite.
I love finding creative ways to research a brand or product. For one assignment on a toast-based restaurant, I went to the Smithsonian to check out every toaster they have.
- For Halloween, I dressed up as my cat and dressed my cat up as me. It didn't go well.
- I paint custom sneakers as a side hustle. Check out my most current creation here.
- I've watched all 9 seasons of How I Met Your Mother 5 times through (shout out to my girl Alyson Hannigan).